Pilates for the mind an body
Yes it’s good for you…but why might you join one of my warm, friendly Pilates classes?
The strengthening core-work that supports your spine and postural alignment; has a super positive affect on emotional and mental resilience and vitality, therefore you will notice a conditioning balance of mind, body and breath, that keeps you coming back for more of that wonderful ‘feel good’ factor: subtly relaxed and yet energised!
All classes are beginner and improver levels. There’s a flowing and yet individual pace to the class and I pay attention to your needs with detailed instruction.
Pilates exercise is based on a set of 6 conditioning principles of health, encompassing wholeness.
The 6 Pilates Principles:
- Breath: Deep lateral breathing is used to expand the energy and help maintain Ph levels in the body.
- Control: Each exercise is done with muscular control. It is all a conscious, deliberate movement that the mind is controlling supported by the centring.
- Concentration: Full attention to each exercise and do it with full commitment . The mind is aware of the whole body and the breathe moving as one.
- Centring: This is away of resting the attention energetically, between lower ribs and pubic bone, as though all movements are generated from this central area.
- Precision: Movements are performed from the awareness of an aligned posture, careful attention to move correctly.
- Flow: There is a rhythm present, as the breathe and the body move together creating an energetic and physical flow.
Some of the many benefits of Pilates include:
Pilates specifically targets the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles to create a deep sense of reassurance, strength and stability. Core muscle exercise and stretches create a longer, leaner figure. The body and mind is co-ordinated for better movement and focus. Here are a few more:
- Feel good factor
- Boosted immune system
- Greater back and abdominal strength
- Increased bone density
- Trimmer waistline
- Less general aches & pain
- Better posture & flexibility
- improved respiratory system
- improved sports performance